Sustainable Development & Corporate Impact
Acknowledging a changing world, the Sustainable Development and Corporate Impact Working Group seeks to find and promote the appropriate balance between the business community's economic, environmental, and social aspects to ensure sustainability for current and future generations. More and more businesses wish to incorporate sustainable practices in their day-to-day operations. The Sustainable Development and Corporate Impact aims to assist these businesses with education, support, and recognition through workshops and other initiatives.
The main mission of the Sustainable Development and Corporate Impact Working Group is to be at the forefront of driving long-term sustainable value for our members and the business community by encouraging the development of sustainability initiatives and programs and supporting their implementation. The Committee is a platform to support further and enhance sustainable business practices. Activities of the Working Group fall into the following categories:
- Organizing events such as breakfasts or lunches with sustainability experts
- Lobbying for more sustainable business practices in the Kurdistan Region and beyond
- Engaging the business community to be proactive in the change towards a more sustainable society
- Conducting capacity-building initiatives such as workshops and seminars with a sustainability focus
- Creating partnership opportunities and synergies among AmCham members